Thursday, June 18, 2009

Open Mouth, Insert Foot

There's not much that just makes me laugh out loud, but I came across this list of the Top 10 Things You'd Say at Work But Can't on the blog of Michael Hyatt, the CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers. It is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time, so I share with you in the hopes that it brightens your day.

1. I’ll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
2. I don’t know what your problem is, but I’ll bet its hard to pronounce.
3. I’ll pencil that in for never. Does never work for you?
4. I see you’ve set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.
5. It sounds like English, but I can’t understand a word you’re saying.
6. Ahhh … I see the screw-up fairy has visited us again.
7. I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid.
8. I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don’t give a rip.
9. I will always cherish the positive initial misconceptions I had about you.
10. The fact that no one understands you doesn’t mean you are an artist.

What would you like to say at work, if only you could? Reply in comments (comments are moderated, so let's play nice).

No comments:

Post a Comment